Thursday, February 8, 2024

Knitting discoveries and more projects

 So, about last night.....

I was looking at my piles of bags of projects and yarn and I think I wanted to look for a project I remembered. So digging through and discovered not one, not two, but three shawl projects that were in progress. 😳😲 Well then, let's see if I remember what they are, oh and that doesn't include the one I'm currently working on, the big one in Homespun.

These other two are done in a finer yarn, one I remembered what it was when I got the stash home and labeled it so I have the pattern just have to figure out what row I was on.The green and white one I had the charts needed and could look up what it was.

The green shawl is Paton's Grace Chevron Leaf shawl in a yarn I found in a Tuesday Morning store randomly. Only two balls so it's not going to be very big and I 'think' I have the label for it in one of the other bags. It has alpaca in it for sure and sadly, unless I find another yarn similar that ball is the only other one I have and it will only be a shoulder wrap, it's not going to be very big even blocked.

The green and white one is done in Wool Like single thread (which explains the other colors in that yarn I have under the bed) and has beads in the green section (I hope I bought enough to finish it). I had luckily printed out the page of the charts I needed and luckily at the bottom of the page was the designer, looked it up and realized it was the Bella Botanical shawl which just the name had me hooked. I also discovered where my thread crochet hooks were. Because of the fine thread and beads I needed the smallest crochet hook to work the beads in and had them in a tube with the project. Can't believe I was that organized. I remember working on this when I was working at the fabric store.

I am also discovering where all my extra long Chiao Goo cables and needles are.... ::looks embarrassed::

They are both now bagged and labeled. Lord help my kids if I should leave this earth without finishing them. I have to start writing up what to do with them, as there is a group of crafters that you can contact for when someone passes on and leaves unfinished projects and they'll finish them as long as they have the pattern and enough supplies to do it.

So the Homespun shawl is on a back burner because it is so exhausting to move the stitches onto the needles. I really do want to finish at least one of the shawls, then there's the issue of figuring out how to get them blocked. My blocking combs are in storage and I gave up my blocking mats when I moved last time. 

Oh, I did frog back that crochet project to half the chain length and restarted the first row. So let's see that's three shawls, a crochet project and a pair of socks currently on my list. If I work on each of them for one row or an hour, whichever comes first, then I might have something accomplished by the end of the year. That's also four hours in a day that I will be crafting. I could also pick a project a day to work on for an hour, that would take even longer to finish.

Oh and I originally went hunting for the velvet yarn shrug I started a month ago because my neck and shoulders were cold this morning sitting in bed. So that's another project.




No comments: