Saturday, April 4, 2009

Photo as promised

I finished the Oriel sock,

This is just after the heel turn, but amazingly, it FITS! I thought I had a picture of it finished, but I guess those are still on the camera.

I started a pair of baby socks with Wool Ease as a gift and a KAL for the Sensational Knitted Socks group. Yet another baby on the way, an acquaintance from the nursery. I can't say that she's a friend since she's one of our vendor reps but she comes in almost every week so we kind of know her.
We got some new colors of Homespun in and one of them is 'Painted Desert' I couldn't resist..it's gorgeous! I got a skein of that and a pair of needles to do another Shnarf for myself. Going to have to write that pattern down and put it up on Ravelry or Etsy. It's all the 'southwest' colors in russets, gold, teal, a tiny bit of green... and it stripes! I may end up doing a longer scarf in it just to get the color changes.

I had started the kiri shawl with the Carribean color of the lace yarn but ripped it out. Just wasn't happy with it. I'm going to offer up the three balls of that color on Ravelry for trade or sale. Just not my color scheme. I picked up the 'Redwood Forest' color and at first had thought it was just brown but in good light, I can see some more depth to it. Might use that for lace shawl. If I can do socks, I can do a shawl in lace yarn.
Okay, off to find a patern. Again...

No comments: