Saturday, June 26, 2010

Shocking news!

I reported a few weeks ago that Amber was pregnant, well she had been complaining that she felt bigger earlier than usual.
Tada! First doctor visit and sonogram... SHE'S HAVING TWINS!
Gaaack!
This is the first set of twins ever in this generation of our family.
So...as far as knitting goes... I have to plan for two of everything. ::sigh:: better get cracking on them too. Early January is the expected month, since she had a c-section last time AND it's twins... she gets to pick the birthday within the 36th week.
Her baby shower is being planned for September so as not to conflict with Ava's birthday in October.
Twins. If both are healthy and go to term...that is just stunning!
I have to go find some preemie patterns now. Hats, sweaters... lots of them. But with no genders to go with them it's going to be interesting.
The pictures she brought home show two distinct silhouettes, which means fraternal and could be two of one or one of each. One of each would be good..three girls oh crap! Two boys whoa...
Oh, and we both agreed that we'll need little stretchy bracelets for them to keep them separate. Which means I get to make bracelets for them!
(I jokingly told her 'what about a tattoo?' Both she and Dan have multiple tattoos, she said if it were legal to tattoo children she'd do it!)

Anyway...off to find some patterns on my computer. I know I have a couple. Or three.

No comments: