Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Some side notes, no progress really

I tried the orange sock on Ava who is 4 and where I had planned to start the toe was about the right place for her. The problem is, this sock is supposed to be for a 6 year old. Double checked the directions and realized it should be 5 1/2 inches so got to about five and a quarter and decided to start the toe there. Now just have to get clear on how to do the toe. I worked about a half inch and it just didn't look right, so I ripped it back and figured out that it needed to be longer and have gotten back to where I needed to be.
I almost bought another ball of yarn in mostly pink with a few other striped thrown in. I've got to come up with a gift for a company dinner/gift exchange by Saturday. I was going to do photo cards but I ran out of yellow ink.
I want to knit a hat for son in law and son, but haven't found the right yarn to work fast enough. Might have to compromise, but I get paid on Friday so I might be able to make a trip down to the yarn shop and get some bulky yarn. Of course that money also has to pay some bills and buy our Christmas tree and other gifts.
Someday I want to have enough money that I'm not compromising or scraping by for gifts. Or bills.
Oh well, back to writing, maybe that will turn into something before I turn 55.

No comments: