Monday, January 29, 2024

A new skill learned and more yarn.

 I have been wanting to learn colorwork for years and seeing that celtic blanket kind of got me fired up again. I learned how to cast on with two different color yarns as a test.

I finished the cast on, then did the first row until I discovered a mistake. Dangit! Oh well, I did enough of the cast on to sort of have it in my muscle memory. It was a variation of the long tail cast on so half the memory was there already.

I then went looking in my stash boxes for smaller yarn to try and do a test swatch and found this.

To say it was yarn barf is being kind. I thought it was a single ball of Kroy Socks FX  yarn but once again it may be so old that it's discontinued. It might be something else and why oh why is it orange and browns? Those are not in my color palette. Obviously I never got to it and I think the other ball is somewhere in storage. Don't remember whether I bought one or two. They may have been on sale or something and I took pity on them.

So I think I've gotten large yarn projects out of my system and want to go back to socks again and maybe incorporate colorwork into them. I'm crazy of course but need to keep my hands busy somehow. I'm almost done with the second purple/green slipper at least, finishing up the cuff now.

Speaking of orange. I went rummaging through the container of yarn and looking at all the Tofutsie balls looking for two that would coordinate. What did I end up with? Orange and a variegated that works with it. Oh well. Hoping I can finish them in time for summer.

Right.



No comments: