Friday, January 9, 2009

Headphones came, but not yarn

Darn it. Really wanted that tonight, oh well. It shipped on the sixth so maybe it will come tomorrow. I have turned the heel and am working on the gusset for the second sock, got lots of pictures. Told daughter tonight that I would be starting on a sweater for her older son soon, going to have to considering he's 6 years old and that's as big as the top down sweater patterns go. Might use the socks as a bribe for better behavior for him, he's been having issues lately with behaving.
Oh, when I was knitting the blue/red socks today at work, I had the finished one on the table in the break room and a coworker (who is Philippino) walked by and told me that 'what I was doing was cute' he picked the finished sock up and admired it. So fun..he's a bit older than I am so it was cute for him to stop and notice what I was doing.
My fingers have been aching a lot lately, I haven't been taking my glucosamine regularly as I should and I can tell. Same with the alleve. Just might have to give the doctors a call and see if there's anything else I can do to help. It doesn't usually hurt when I'm knitting but if I'm typing for too long, or playing a game online where it's just the keypad, it's bad.
I admit it that a I have been bitten by the sock bug. Part of the initial hesitation was the confusion on the heel. Well since I figured out a simple short row method rather than all that wrap and turn business, it's easy! With multicolored yarn it makes it even more fun guessing where the color is going to change in the pattern.
I've made baby and children socks, and have a beautiful blue green pattern started. It's a toe up so I'm going to have to find a different pattern to follow. The Riverbed pattern turned out too big but I'm not ripping it all out, just to the start of the increases. Trying to remember where my kp size two's went. I was using them on a sock... finished the orange pair and then started on the blue pair, where did I put them? Just found them, I started the second orange pair. I think I'm going to call it good for that and use a new yarn. Bright pink and purple alpaca sock yarn from Lonesome Stone. It's way bright but it's soooft!
"I'm itchin' to get stitchin' "

No comments: