Thursday, March 26, 2009

My markers are in a shop!

I took the markers that I just made and showed them to Liz down at Needlecraft Cottage and she offered to put them in her shop on consignment!
Yippeee! I'll have pictures of them up shortly so people can see some of what is down there. There are eleven sets, all but two will fit up to a size 3 needle, the other two will fit up to a size 6.
They really are pretty and when I went down to visit today and showed them to Phyllis, she was ecstatic! Enough that she called another lady that she had mentioned my markers to and left a message to let her know they were down there.
Oh, my yarn came from Amazon, it's Cascade Heritage in Dark Sunset and it is a dark maroon with just a touch of navy blue. Devon (son) thinks it looks better than he even though, now I just have to get that made into socks that will fit and not be too short on the leg. So obviously I'm going to do a toe up sock pattern because he likes shorter leg socks anyway. I just handed him the Sensational Knitted Socks book and told him to pick out a pattern that wasn't too complicated given the dark color.
Okay, for the record so I have it written down:
We figured out due to possible gauge and stitch count the best pattern will be...
Garter Rib with a possible gauge of 7 or 7 1/2 his stitch count will be 80. The other option is 72, but since I made socks for me with that count... I think 80 is better.
Okay, off to do some more markers and some jewelry.
Yay!

No comments: