Friday, March 6, 2009

Typo spotted in pattern!

I was running through the second repeat of the Oriel lace sock pattern and go to Round 11 I believe.. definitely will double check on that..
In any case, I discovered that there is a mistake in the written pattern that is not drawn in the charted version.
Here's the way it's printed:
Rnd 11: (P1), *P2, YO, P1, K2tog, P1, SSK, K1, YO, P3*

Now, not seeing the rest of the pattern, you would have to see the chart to understand that. It's forming a bottle neck of sorts, where the P1 is framed by the two decreases. the problem is, it's a K1 on either side.. in the chat it is correct, as it's printed here, it's wrong. That first P1 should be a K1 just before the K2tog.
So it should read:
Rnd 11: (P1) *P2, YO, K1, K2tog, P1, SSK, K1, YO, P3*

I was looking at it after I had done the entire row and suddenly had the epiphany I just described. It's too late to try and fix the previous round iteration but that's okay, I'm still on the foot. No one is going to notice.

Okay, I'm falling asleep here, Shrek 2 is on, Ava is down for the count.
Never sleep type, you end up with sentences from your head on the screen which has nothing to do with what you're actually typing.

G'nite

No comments: