Sunday, March 1, 2009

So far, so good

Since I was busy at the con this weekend, I didn't do as much knitting as I would have, but more than I thought.
I worked on the Oriel mostly, and am on row 24 of 28. Since every row is busy, it's difficult to have it everywhere. It's turning out gorgeous though, and will likely fit as well as the other sock. Which, because I'm attempting a different heel, it's going to be a bit trickier to do and I should really have brought it for when I had at least two hours of downtime at the con.
I did meet a fellow knitter who was also a panel guest who was knitting a pair of neon green wool blend mittens for the Afghans for Afghans charity. I showed her my sock and she had never heard of using two circulars. I commented on her yarn and told her 'that child will not get lost in the snow.'
I got more connections and work on writing done than knitting, but that's why I went.
Soooo, pictures to come soon of Oriel.

No comments: