Monday, February 2, 2009

I ripped it.

The blue green sock I started out of the Essentials yarn. I got so frustrated with the vest last night after I dropped a stitch, I threw it in a corner and looked at the sock. I didn't want it to lean around my foot so I'm deciding whether to do a Rivulets sock out of this one and rip out the blue version and start that over with fewer stitches. Why is it I am having so much trouble with making a sock for myself?!?? Grrrr.
Have you ever had one of those 'stupid' knitting periods? Even the simplest pattern you've done tons of times seems to be difficult.
The vest stitch I've been doing for a while, it's a pain in the ass because it has so many stitches and that's maybe why I made the mistake. I also need better light in my room and of course the dropped stitch is right in the middle of the hundred and something stitch row. That's the only other way I find mistakes, the first one is to find it at the beginning of a row and you're on the next pattern row so it's not just a matter of ripping back to the beginning of the previous row...noooo you have to rip back two full rows and get to the end of the third row.
Okay, enough ranting, have to get to work and take out my frustration on unsuspecting plants and customers.

No comments: