Monday, February 23, 2009

More progress this time

I found a sensible heel flap guide for a toe up sock so the Lily Pond sock is moving ahead. Testing Nancy's glove pattern was challenging and fun, kind of an intermediate pattern so it gave me a challenge in a few spots.
I didn't get a chance to get a group gestalt on my diamond peacock sock so that will have to wait until next week.

I broke down and bought two balls of the Red Heart sock yarn. The 'spring pastel' and the off white because I have it in my mind to do something involving a 'fake isle' pattern or a solid heel and toe sock.
And I just like the colors.
I'm having a hard time connecting to yahoo and blogger tonight, is everyone in the world trying to check email or what?
I'm hoping to get word out on the weekend about knitting in addition to Nancy's class at the con. I hope to get some knitting done in public and hand out smoe cards for the group.

Other than that, ooh I started a green cabled scarf that's turning out a bit narrower than I would like, but if I make it longer, then it can wrap twice around someone's neck. I have a coworker that loves that shade of green but my son likes it too so it's going to be a difficult choice in who gets it.

It's going to be a short week for me with the con starting on Friday and not having work all weekend. yippeeee!
I so needed a vacation. Hope to post something interesting before the weekend.

No comments: