Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sock issues

I am at an impasse with both sock patterns.
With the Peacock Diamonds, I have to figure out the join between the beginning of the round and the end of the round.
The Lily Pond sock... I'm following K2Karen's directions for a yarn over toe up heel and it's confusing.
She's using someone else's directions for the heel and it's just a bit confusing.
Placing markers I understand, it's the yarn over that's confusing. She wants you to yo on the RIGHT needle after you turn when the yarn is coming off the left needle.
Huh? Am I supposed to slip it first, and then do the YO? I don't have a picture of that heel, but I found a picture tutorial on it but haven't had time to sit down and look at it in depth. I need about forty-five minutes of uninterrupted time with my knitting in front of me.

"Knit until 2 sts before second yarn marker, Increase 1, k1, turn work.
Yarn over from front to back on right needle. Place marker."

First, she doesn't explain the 'increase 1'. I chose to do a k1f&b, and was confused because that would give you two increases which, from what I understand, you k3tog or p3tog to take them all in.
There's gotta be something simpler between this and a w&t. I just need time to sit down and work it out. As I always say, "Trust the pattern." I always try to second guess or jump ahead in the directions, thinking that I know where it's going.... have to learn to slow down and do the steps.

Okay, have to get going and run some errands. Get new socks and some other necessities.

No comments: